As a wise man said, “Indians are the most ignorant about their rich past and scientific traditions.”
“Abheda Darsanam Gnanam*”. Nothing defines what wisdom is better than these 3 words. Experience of unity / oneness in all is wisdom. The roots of Indian wisdom are captured in these 3 words that everything in this universe is the manifestation from a single source, and we can call it God or Consciousness. This naturally leads us to one of the mahavakya “Pragyanam Brahma” which means “Consciousness is god”. But for people who are stingier with words and wants these 2 concepts to be put in just one word, then it is called “Advaita”.
It is not very often that nature reveals itself its absolute oneness and the un-manifested interconnections. You consider yourself fortunate when you come across such knowledge in however small measure, even if it happens very rarely and even if you have an illusion that you have understood something. It has been very over whelming for me to come across some of the details I have been reading and hearing and the dots I could connect – some of which I had decided to blog under this series. If you are interested in any of the following then you may like this series.
· Would you want to know how Time = Space and more over time is nothing but the vibration of space. If I tell you that this was known us Indians at least 12000 years back and currently available in a written form would you believe?
· When you throw a stone in water / pond the ripples that form take the shape of a circle (in 2D) / sphere (in 3D). Can you guess what the shape of the ripple would be if you throw the same stone in space?
· What is the similarity between Poetry, classical music, Classical dance like Bharatanatyam, Sculpture and a building? Apart from the fact that we don’t clearly understand any of them in depth what is the similarity? Would you be surprised if I say that all are essentially the same and in fact a well constructed building is nothing more than a frozen music and the relationship between all the above confirms to a single grammar documented 12000 years + back ?
· Would you be interested in knowing how E = mc2 an equation stated by our great Einstein has been known to us for years and not just that but we know the root of this energy and how to engineer it with precise formulas? Would you be surprised that this is the basis our language?
· What if I say that the age of the universe, every astronomical unit of the bodies, big bang theory, string theory, God’s particle etc are all documented and they are all codified in our temples?
· You would have heard about the golden ration F but do you know the philosophical significance of F and how it is derived? Moreover would be interested in knowing the significance of key numbers and ratio like 0, 1, 5, 8, 9 and
? What is I say that can be correlated with “Iyengar Namam”? Does it sound funny? What if there is a deep mathematical and philosophical significance?
· As a wise man said that ‘Mathematics is the language of the gods”. What if this formula of creation, sustenance and destruction is codified in our texts from which we understand the God’s particle, its shape, characteristics and its manifestation?
· What if I tell you that sound is a subset of light and sound merges with light at a point and that is at the root consciousness? Any non-takers for this?
· If you agree on the above then Sabda Brahman or the belief that sound is god merges with something higher, isn’t this contradictory? Also why many religions did believed that “Word is god”. Was it a mere belief or was there any scientific reason behind it?
These are some of the questions which might get addressed in this series and at this point of time I am not sure how many parts / blogs this would carry.
I am going to quote a series of references and books and links to understand and learn more about these topics and I would request you to utilize them if you are interested in these topics. This may not only refer you to the experts but also can help you overcome any weakness I have in understanding and articulating some of these topics.
Some of the topics may touch upon religious beliefs but if you read with an open mind (subject to my ability to articulateJ) you would notice the underlying science behind it.
I would be happy if any of these blogs motivate and inspire you to explore the roots of our tradition and knowledge and give you an insatiable hunger for knowledge, wisdom to pursue the nature and its secrets.
May I meditate on the supreme truth “Satyam Param deemahi”.. resonate within you.
PS: *Abheda Darshanam Gnanam, Dhyanam Nirvishayam Manam;
Snaanam mano mala thyagam, Showchamindriya Nigraham", says the Upanishad.
The real Gnana is seeing all as one, real Dhyana is controlling the Manas from all temptations, the real snana or Bathing is Cleansing of All Mindly impurities, not physical impurities alone and real Showcha or cleanliness is controlling the Indriyas, this controlling of Indriyas, emotions, weaknesses and temptations.
I am also quoting parts of Kahlil Gibran here,
Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.
But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge.
You would know in words that which you have always known in thought.
You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.
And the treasure of your infinite depths would be revealed to your eyes.
But let there be no scales to weigh your unknown treasure;
And seek not the depths of your knowledge with staff or sounding line.
For self is a sea boundless and measureless.
Say not, "I have found the truth," but rather, "I have found a truth."